Been up and down and up and down in the music bussines makes me dead tired, until what left for now, I teach, making an instructional book (my first two books called "Begin da Beat" and "Play da Rhythm" for beginner and intermediate level of students has released, and also play regularly at a small cafe near vicinity, just to keep the flow...you know.
I was graduated from Musicians Institute at 1996 (the curricullum was in care of mr. Joe Porcaro and mr. Ralph Humprey) after taking 1 year classic program. Everything seems bigger than before. My view has change after all. I see and also actualy meet and talk with so many talented, nice, amazingly great drummer out there.
Jim Chapin(this link will open in a new window)
I've met him twice, in those year. First, he gave a drum clinic at the school, at the unforgettable
P100 room. He talks so many amazing drum story
and he plays stunning technique. What really kickin' my ass was his very fast left hand, when he did
three stroke, just flew between tom1, tom2 and floor tom at very fast one movement
and end it with the kick drum, while the right hand still keep the swing. Man!....you'll
never believe this.
Then we've met once again at the NAMM show, 1995, at Anaheim, Los Angeles, presenting The Real Feel practice pad and selling his new CD (got one!!)
Terry Bozzio(this link will open in a new window, and get you to Terry's Site)
He gave clinic twice and 1 masterclass at school. First time I knew him was from his work with Stevie Vai,
on "SEX AND RELIGION" album. The drum sound were earthy and I just love his china cymbal splash here and there.
He talked about melodic concept on drumset. It all make sense to me.....then I start to collect some of his work : polytown, Lonely bear,
missing person, and off course his solo and ostinato's CD.
Sit back, relax, (and close your eyes), listen to his play on polyrhythm, Sure a great great independence technique.
I went to a Drum clinic by Russ McKinnon at Guitar Centre (1995), Sunset BLVD. Tower Of Power groove, smokin'!!
Want to know some....? Go here
MY INDEPENDENCE LESSON or You can download this Independence Lesson (180Kb), on PDF format. It's a freeware, please keep it free and ..... don't put my name on it if you change anything...
Fred Dinkins gave me a notations writing job, while I was in Hollywood. Here it is...80 rudiments
I also have some recording works done....here I have some clips to hear, you can download it. It's all on MP3 format.
- (christmas 1998, Jakarta) Jingle Bells on five : I played conga and small percussion here. The song arranged by mr. Tamam Hoesein for a National Christmas party with a former president of Indonesia, Bp. Soeharto (Tamam Hoesein as the arranger and keyboard, Edo on all percusion and Conga). There is another clip here. The same session, but I played drums here.
- (Jakarta 1999) Here's songs from my recent project called "Sanjiwani". It's an experimentation to mix an eighties Rock and Balinese traditional taste. Edo on all percussion and drums, Bernard on all guitar, Ade Karang on Vocal and Bass, Christ on all keys and synthe
- (Jakarta 1998) A blues session with mr. Fred Burkhart (vocal and harmonica). Just to have some fun. (edo on drums, Mathes on bass, Donny Suhendra on Lead Guitar)
- (Los Angeles 1995) when I was at the "Musicians Institute" I've played in a band called "Arm Pit Fish", I work with some talented people. Morgan Haley on guitar and vocal, Ridho Haffiedz on guitar, and Tips Pedersen play the bass (some name might be misspelled, please correct me). The clip here, recorded with a walkman, while we were practicing a new song at school, Tips wasn't attend the session, so it was three of us. Not a good recording sound but I like the natural situation of it.
- (Los ANgeles 1995) The unforgetable 1 year music work in Los Angeles. Wanna hear how's the class going down there? I record this on a Country Live Playing Workshop. I played the drums. I can't wipe out the smile from my face, everytime I hear this record.
I will add some more clip, next time...
GROOVE LIBRARY (not ready yet, sorry)
BACK TO THE FIRST PAGE